Monday, July 15, 2013


 

Monday, July 15, 2013

Oh how a missions trip can push you and pull you out of your comfort zone. Last night, with knees knocking, I gave my “testimony”. When we were preparing to come to Cochabamba, Matthew had asked for people to either present how they conduct their prayer life or give a testimony. I jumped to give a testimony for two reasons. One, I knew I wouldn’t have to speak until Saturday at the retreat (I really don’t like public speaking) and two, my walk with God at the time was tenuous at best.

Well, the retreat came and we didn’t get to everything we wanted to so I didn’t get the chance to give my testimony. I was nervous all day for naught. Then for Sunday morning service I was a bit under the weather (I am feeling fine now!) and had asked Matthew if I could go later that night instead. Half hoping that there wouldn’t be time and I would just skip it altogether. But that didn’t happen! Which is such a blessing.

I had struggled deciding what to talk about, but in the end I talked about my walk with God and how over the past weeks it has transformed from limited to stronger. I told them about my struggles and how with God I am working to overcome them. I wanted the people at Florida Norte Iglesia to know that Christians around the world have struggles and not to give up. But to work faithfully each day.

When I was done my team gave me a good pat on the back and said I had done well. Honestly, my nerves had me not sure of what I had even said! I just hope and pray that my two minutes of honesty was enough to encourage someone in the congregation to push on and dedicate the time with the Lord we need to.

On a completely different note, travelling with this team is a great joy. It is vastly different than the last time I came due to personalities and having the boys on the trip but it is wonderful. It is amazing to watch everyone grow and learn. Everyone is picking up so much Spanish so quickly I am amazed.

This morning as I type, there is the Pastor’s and wives brunch. Pastor, Paige and Matthew left early this morning and let the rest of us sleep a bit more. This afternoon is the Women’s Retreat and tonight is a night of fellowship and food.

Gracias a Dios for todos.

Joanne

 


Joanne climbing the Andes Mountains!


Joanne and the ladies. (from left to right, Evelyn, Brenda, Ruth, and Milu) Milu is has been cooking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment